Engineering & Technical, Eastern Cape Port Elizabeth
Our client in the automotive component manufacturing industry is looking to appoint a Fitter with a minimum of 3 years experience within a large manufacturing environment
- Trade Tested Fitter / Fitter and Turner /li>
- N4 in Mechanical Enginering
- Good understanding of factory utility layouts (i.e. electrical and water reticulation, compressed air systems, and process water plant).
- Knowledge of conditioning based monitoring /li>
- Working knowledge of robotics.
- Bearings and lubrication.
- Welding, cutting and grinding experience.
- Pneumatics, pumps, transmission systems and general mechanics.
- Knowledge of maintenance on CNC machines
- Working knowledge of OSHACT
- Knowledge of shut down maintenance
- Minimum 5 years post apprentice experience as a Fitter.
- Experience working on heavy industrial / automated machines
- 3 years experience within a large manufacturing environment
- Furnace, print screen machine and CNC machine experience advantageous
- Identify, verify and analyse reasons for downtime through root cause analysis and implementation of corrective actions to repair the fault in order to ensure timeous resumption of production.
- Ensure that inspections on running machinery and equipment is carried out in order to prevent unnecessary downtime.
- Ensure adherence to the maintenance schedule by carrying out preventative and scheduled maintenance so that the risk of unplanned downtime is minimised.
- Ensure adherence to all safety rules and regulations by all personnel and contractors on site to ensure a safe working environment. Participate in problem solving workshops and process improvement discussions to support MDW.
- Ensure effective communication of relevant information to all stakeholders to support decision making for the business.
Vacancy Type: Permanent