Job no: 786086
Work type: Full Time – Permanent
Location: South Africa – Vereeniging
- The purpose of the role is to be responsible for timely installation, repair and maintenance of equipment to ensure that production activities are executed in a safe manner as well as operate equipment and tests all working parts in functional area to ensure proper utilization.
- Serious contenders will have a N2 Technical Certificate (internal candidates) / N3 Technical Certificate with a recognized Fitter trade test and a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a qualified Fitter in a metal production environment;
- Valid Code B (08) Driver’s license is essential;
- Computer literacy in MS Office Suite and SAP will be advantageous
- In depth knowledge of mechanical equipment (conveyors, pumps, compressors, valves, Hydraulic etc)
- Experience in a smelter plant will be advantageous.
- Complete hard copies of Job Cards and capture Job Cards on SAP;
- Provide input into maintenance Task Lists; Report deviations observed during inspections to ensure proper planning prior to execution
- Interprets and coordinates pre-work about repairs, planned and predictive maintenance;
- Accesses any area safely to perform necessary maintenance on machines or equipment;
- Performs safety inspections of equipment and assesses risks on equipment;
- Maintains a clean and safe worksite;
- Ensures the upkeep of maintenance tools and equipment;
- Coordinates activities associated with trouble- shooting and repairing maintenance equipment.
Advertised: South Africa Standard Time
Applications close: South Africa Standard Time