Maintenance Artisan Millwright
Engineering & Technical, Gauteng JHB – Southern Suburbs
R R36 053 Monthly
An FMCG Company Specializing in Frozen Vegetables is based in the South of Johannesburgi is seeking a Maintenance Artisan Millwright to Join the team.
Reporting into the Shift Maintenance Manager, the artisan will be responsible for all aspects of the engineering maintenance work required to ensure optimum running and performance of the Frozen French Fries and Packing Plant, supporting overall plant and business performance.
Role and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all equipment is operating in design specification parameters to eliminate down time.
- Effective implementation and execution of the equipment preventative maintenance system to ensure maximum line efficiency, throughput rate, maximise up time (minimise breakdowns).
- Effective management of critical spares required for the factory to actively ensure correct spares holding and minimise cost and downtime.
- Effective planning and execution, including timeous spares procurement, of planned repair and breakdown repairs on all equipment.
- Maintaining of best maintenance practices for both the engineering and operational running of the lines, and including the training and transfer of skills to fellow artisans and operators.
- Support on the implementation of projects.
- Active execution and support of continuous improvement projects to support plant drive to improve quality, yield and throughput whilst minimising cost.
- Execution of and contribution to the Plant Safety system.
- Execution of and adherence to all food safety requirements (HACCP/GMP) including internal food safety auditing.
- Inspection and repairs as and when required on ammonia plant, boilers, electrical reticulation, buildings and ACS.
- Strong technical background within FMCG manufacturing environment – experience within food manufacturing with packaging experience would be an advantage
- Must be olifantsfontien trade tested
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Qualified Millwright
- Grade 12
- 5 years plus FMCG
- FMCG Shift working experience
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office
- Good literacy in English, both verbal and written
- Good comprehension
Vacancy Type: Permanent