SA Metal Group is South Africa’s oldest and largest metal recycling company, and proudly turns 100 years old in 2019. The Group purchases and processes all forms of ferrous metals (steel and others) and non-ferrous metals (aluminium, copper and others) from industrial enterprises, scrap metal dealers and private individuals. Our processing facilities are located in and around Cape Town, Johannesburg and Pretoria.
The Transport Department requires a Mounted Grab Code 14 Driver who will be responsible for driving a truck. Tasks include, amongst others:
- Responsible for the vehicle.
- Day to day inspection of the vehicle and to report all faults.
- Loading and off-loading various material and equipment
- Ensure adherence to the Road Traffic Act
- Ensure the safety of other road users
- Abide by the regulations as set out in Occupational Health and Safety Act, company policies and the regulations of the road.
- Navigate your way around Gauteng area.
- Operate the Mounted Grab on the truck
- A minimum Grade 12 certificate
- Valid, unendorsed Code 14 license with valid PDP
- 3 years driving experience
- Hands on and practical approach to the job
- Mounted Grab Certificate
- Hard working and self-motivated
- Effective communication skills – verbal and written
- Time management and organisational skills
- Display a professional work approach
- Excellent state of health
- Prepared to work overtime and weekends when needed
Interested applicants are required to forward their CV. We regret that we cannot contact all applicants regarding their status. Should you not be contacted by us within 14 days from the date of your submission, please consider your application unsuccessful.