The main purpose of the job includes being a key-player in delivering the Customer Charter and achieves high customer satisfaction combined with optimized aftermarket profitability through providing a service delivery in line with our customers’ expectations and assist with all relevant functions within the parts warehouse.Secure that the dealership is working according to GVS process in the phases “Planning”, “On Arrival” and “Dealer to customer and follow up”.
Reporting: This position will report to the Parts Manager / Controller
- Ensure and oversee that the receiving of goods are done according to Volvo procedure.
- To ensure that all parts are received accurately against documentation and within prescribed time as set by KPI standards.
- To timeously record all discrepancies on the system when parts received are not conforming to standards and to document descriptions and part numbers.
- Ensure that parts are binned according to system allocations and not according to label allocations.
- Process all customer order requests and ensure correct picking, packing and distribution of parts according to the Volvo procedures.Must at all times make sure that the system is updated after authorization.
- To make sure the correct parts and quantities are dispatched as per invoice.
- To provide an efficient and effective service to the workshop by ensuring that all Technicians receive their parts as soon as orders are processed and parts are picked.
- To ensure that credit notes are checked and signed off for processing. All credit notes to be filed in sequence and stored.
- To ensure that the correct procedures are followed when processing credits i.e. No electrical parts are returned etc.
Perpetual Stock Counts and Bin Verifications
- Ensuring that perpetual counts are done on a daily basis as per set quantities on the total volume of the Warehouse.
- To make sure a thorough investigation is done when discrepancies occur.
- All adjustments to be investigated and updates to be authorized before the system is updated.
- Ensure warehouse premises (inside/outside) always neat and tidy.
- Ensure parts stored correctly.
- Ensure all parts are binned correctly.
- Ensure waste collected timeously.
- Perimeter secure.
- Ensure parts from customer are at the agreed exchange standards.
- Responsible for physical receiving & storage.
- Responsible for preparing supplier/core returns.
- Ensure that the packing and labeling of core parts be returned to PDC.
Health and Safety
- To ensure that all warehouse personnel abides by the rules and regulations set aside in the Volvo procedures regarding health and safety.
- Grade 12
- Minimum 3 years experience
- People orientated
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer Orientated
- Resource Management
- Quality orientated
- Ability to plan and organize
- Stock control
- Time Management
Volvo Group Southern Africa (Pty) Ltd is an affirmative action, equal employment opportunity employer.
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Auto req ID
State / Province
Travel Required (maximum)
No Travel Required